The Constitution of Mercia
(now the ultimate legal authority in the greater Midlands)
ITS ARTICLES INCLUDE:
· The withdrawal of Mercia from the United Kingdom.
· The inclusion of Mercia within an English confederation of regions.
· The transfer of fundamental power to the local people.
· The abolition of Parliament and the monarchy within Mercia.
· The foundation of an infinitely sustainable society.
· The replacement of the state legal system by community law.
· The redistribution of land, property and wealth from the rich to the poor.
· The replacement of state policing by self-policing communities.
· The elimination of capitalism in favour of co-operative community.
· The replacement of money transactions with barter and exchange.
· The progressive reduction of taxation.
· The dramatic improvement of real standards of living.
· The gradual reduction of the population to a sustainable level.
· The vetting of all incomers by the community.
· The requirement that all towns and cities shall ultimately feed themselves.
· The reversal of the process of ecological damage as far as is possible.
· The assertion of the right of animals to lead natural and healthy lives.
· The disbanding of all armed forces loyal to the British crown.
· The dismantling of all nuclear, chemical and biological weapons.
FREE COPIES ARE AVAILABLE FROM THE ACTING WITAN OFFICE WITH AN A5 S.A.E.
The Mercia Manifesto
A blueprint for the future
inpired by the past
FOR FURTHER INFORMATION, PLEASE CONTACT JEFF KENT, CONVENER OF THE ACTING WITAN OF MERCIA, AT THE ACTING WITAN OFFICE:
Jeff Kent, Cherry Tree House, 8 Nelson Crescent, Cotes Heath, via Stafford, ST21 6ST, Mercia. Tel. 01782 791673
For general enquiries: